Thursday, July 22, 2010

Playing with Pictures

Last week, some friends and I went to the park to play with our cameras.  We were practicing using different shutter speeds, camera modes, depth of field, etc.

IMG_1944

IMG_1941

The two above are examples of how changing the depth of field can affect your photograph.  The bottom has a shallow depth of field (and is a bit over exposed—sorry about that), which is a nice way to bring attention to your subject.  Incidentally, my goal is to somehow learn to be as adorable as she is while taking pictures. 

IMG_1952

I’m normally more interested in portraits than other types of photos, but this picture makes me happy.

IMG_1966

Playing with shutter speed (hint:  a fast shutter speed will freeze the droplets in air, a slow shutter speed will make the water look like it’s flowing, but you’ll want to use a tripod for that and I didn’t bring mine).

IMG_1975

IMG_1979

IMG_1986

IMG_1992

Just a note:  I’m perfectly happy with my boys.  They’re rough and tough and FUN.  I wouldn’t trade them for anything.  But sometimes, I see something that makes me think it might be fun to also have a little girl.  Like these shoes by a bench in the park. 

IMG_1917

This wasn’t at the park, but was a cute one I found on my camera while taking the others off.  We went to a U-Pick farm to get raspberries for jam and summer smoothies, but this little guy read the sign wrong:  he thought it said “U-Pick I-Eat!”

1 comment:

  1. I think we are copying you. Didn't you guys recently go to Silver Creek Falls? And we went to the fountains today and I see that you went there too. Did you go today?

    ReplyDelete